Tuesday, March 29, 2011

lucyfer youth foundation

last weekend I was very emotional at wu lyf first italian gig ever. these guys from manchester made me feel that good times never went away and the holy fire coming from that intense city is still burning.

4 kids will be brothers greeting brothers. go tell fire they say. 
the music? you can't define music genres when it's so cruel and original. these guys are really special. passionate as arcade fire, clever as durutti column, tribal&funky as a certain ratio,  dark and deep as the birthday party. straight after the gig, the amazingly skilled drummer (I am not sure who's who amongst them:Evans Kati, Tom McClung, Ellery Roberts and Joseph Manning)told me : I like daniel johnston and one of my favourite albums is the return of durutti column. well, I can't wait for the return of the world unite lucyfer youth foundation . and ..by the way thanks a million to UOVO for bringing them here so early. 


later on that night we ended up at a closeby friend flat. drinking lots and taking polaroid that came out totally black. lucyfer was still around, having a laugh about us all..