Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Church of Ultraviolence

Davide Giannella brings together 4 of the most passionate illustrator/graphic artists of the next decade: Di Salvo, Garner, Klefish, Maida. the silence at the le dictateur was almost religiuos. the images function like the éikóna which in greek means "to be similar". surely these 4 artists share an ucommon perception of the unknown. that very non-place of your soul.
it's where you would end up without knowing why and what the hell is going on. yes indeed it happens to all us to be in that place. need to be in touch with your own self to really understand what your vision is.
In the darkness there at the UV light installation space I made up my mind and ask myself some ?

what is violence? what is what we see? what do you feel exactly? where are your fears heading you?
and surely are you sure you really are here now?

here is a selection of the works I pictured with my iphone but do consider you would really need the experience there and then to judge its appeal. you guess whose work is whose. I know it.