Thursday, April 21, 2011

Marseille's rue de Rome


I met Mathias few years ago but I can't remember precisely where or when. He's one of those people I think I know since a couple of lives back. I remember we were talking about boiler magazine which he loved and his own gomma mag. good stuff. great memories. he's so familiar to me (maybe because is lucky enough to be half Sicilian) and amazingly he's keeping (very) up with his music and his label and his videos of course. last week in milan mathias has performed one of the best disco set we could hope for and just yesterday I have been listening all evening to his album to cheer me up and feel nostalgic about italy disco and vintage electro vs exotic beats.



Mathias aka Dj Munk lives now in Marseille and that seem to have inspired the video for Rue de Rome track (mr oizo docet, too). hopefully we'll see more of him in milan, marakkesh or jericoacara...