Friday, February 25, 2011

Mario Ybarra ROCKS for REAL


I must have met mario at least three times the last few days and I must say he is an absolute star of a guy and ..what a great artist! mexico is the place of my dreams and subcomandante marcos still one of my favourite heroes and anything related to that context makes me feel romantic and consciously excited. 
Wilmington Good -a south californian spot becoming a"colony"of mexican immigrants-is the glocal venue for Ybarra statement about social struggle, pride and personal feelings. his own mother, the latino gangs, the workers and the remixed symbols of one the biggest US cargo ports are the subjects of mario's personal take of a contemporary paradox. smoke city is a blade runner-kind of beautiful interpretation of a post apocalyptic town where humans are not allowed and machinery took over. needless to say cardi and art at work are doing a good job. viva los angeles de mexico!